Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Surf?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ryan B., May 13, 2002.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anyone else surf?

It's been a few years but now i'm finally getting back into it.
    I have a 6'1" that ain't good for much.
    I'm seriously looking for a 8'0" - 9'0" longboard.
    I've been surfing twice a week for the last month on a buddy's 9'0" and i'm hooked again. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Yep, I get in the water as much as possible. Glad to hear you're getting back into it. I noticed you're in San Jose, where do you usually surf, Santa Cruz? Quite a drive to the coast, that's dedication.

I can imagine it's hard to find used boards in San Jose, but you should check the coastal cities for second hand longboards, otherwise they'll cost a pretty penny.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

There used to be board stands on Dillions Beach and a place over in Bodega Bay... do you have a Sam's club near you? They are selling boards like $279 I think. Some 5', 6' and 8' ones.... nice looking too. I don't recall the brand, but like I said looked well made.... worth a shot! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yup I go over to Santa Cruz. You just gotta stay outta the way of the locals in the water. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif
    Its a fun, but windy (as in twisty-turny) drive over Highway 17. Its about 50 minutes one way.
    I get probally twice as many heads turning over there for the K/5. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif Especially all the hot chicks. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

This weekend i was over there going through ALL the surf shops looking for a board. They range from $180 used to $900 new. I found a SWEET new one for $570 but a little outta my price range right now. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Don't surf,but do Boogie Board /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Now that's fun!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I used to surf but I live in the middle of the #@!!* *&##% Desert now. Nothing to surf on but sand dunes.
    Man I Miss the ocean. Glad summer's commin. I am towing my boat to the North Cal coast to do some fishing next month. Maby I'll rent a board too /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I grew up in Iowa. We used to surf cornfields. Ya climb on the roof of a moving car, and stand up while going down gravel roads with corn fields on each side.

8. MT ZION

MT ZION Registered Member

I surfed for about 13 years, I kind of got burnned out on the hole seen here in Cali. It's always too crowded & the waves suck almost all the time. You really have to dedicate yourself to the sport to stay in shape for it. I might flowder a bit out there this summer though.