Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

surging/antilock brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pr1aw, Jan 7, 2002.

1. pr1aw

pr1aw 1/2 ton status

Solved a couple of problems 2 weeks ago, surging on the engine when brakes are applied, anti-lock brakes not working to well (nose diving), buzzing in the radio, lack of power, dim lights in the dash (not counting the burnt out ones, replaced them too). Tore the whole dash apart looking for the elusive ground problem. There is a grounding point on the driverside (mines a 91) kickpanel about 1/2 up in the dash. Pulled the bolt out and looked at the terminal, slight corrosion. I cleaned the corrosion, pulled the plugs going to the terminal and reseated them and so far everthing is working great. It cleared most of my problems. The motor seems to pull harder now also, I can get rubber at a stop light. What is great is it dosen't nose dive (to a point) and can actually feel the rear brakes grab. Hopefully this helps out.