Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

surging radio when on acc position, not when running

Discussion in 'Audio' started by LKJR, Aug 2, 2004.

1. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

well I got the stereo in yesterday finally, with the cd changer ,and what not, anyway when the key is in the acc position you turn the stereo on and the power surges like it's about to pass a kidney stone. (stock stereo out of my 95 noma) but when I started the truck up all works great? battery has plenty of juice to start the truck fine (that takes a lot) so any ideas
    only problem was the resonating of the exhaust through the tub and under the carport I had to turn it up kinda loud. but it sounded good /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

anybody have ideas on why the stereo makes the power surge in the truck, it's bad enough the changer display goes on and off. no amps just a factory headunit, nothing else pulling power that I'm aware of other than interior lights on the first gen which is one friggin bulb at the moment.

blows my mind since it works great once I start the truck.

greg? anybody?

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I'd do some troubleshooting with the multimeter with various different loads on the battery. Try your blower and see if it performs normally while the stereo is doing that. Or headlights. It could just be your electrical system.