Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Surprised noones discussed this...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Jul 16, 2006.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The current Israeli war with Lebanon's Hezbollah and Hamas to the south...

I have a pretty good idea of the consensus this board will come to, but, your thoughts?

I'll reply with my opinions after a few replies...

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The thing that I have found most interesting is the apparent lack of public support from the Arab countries for Hamas and Hezbollah.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Saudi's lack of support was a little surprising... Egypt and Jordan will be on the same moderate page...

The thing is tho, you know the people are going to be sympathetic... Thus, the root of the muslim prob.. Their innability to see fault in their fellow extremist muslims, or at least their apathy towards the situation...

The sh*t may hit the fan here soon, in a big way... I have some thoughts on that that I'll expand on as this thread progresses...

4. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I think the moderate muslim countries are happy to let their radical counterparts do away with israel..

Funny thing is, israel retreated from lebanon in 2000, and has also left the gaza strip, thus creating a palestinian homeland.

israel even let the UN decide what the new border should be when they left gaza, then retreated behind it, so nobody could accuse them of cheating..

Israel was told that if they ceded territory won in the 6 day war, and returned to their original border,terrorism would stop.

Israel was told if they left gaza and lebanon, terrorism would stop..

This is an object lesson on why you can't appease a people who don't recognize paper treaties and case fires..

the goal has always been to push isreal into the sea.

one side benefit to the current situation is this.. since iran and syria were the ones importing people into iraq to destroy our work there, it could be that now these same countries will deplete their radical population trying to defeat israel in lebabnon..

since israel doesn't lose, that could mean a more widespread victory for the forces of democracy, which isn't a bad thing.

Tom

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It will either simmer down here in a bit or Israel is gonna open a big barrel of whupass on some malcontents................................:D

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Bottom line the so called "moderate" Arab countries are staying out of it. They remember the last time they all tried to gang up on Israel and got the **** kicked out of them and lost a bunch of real estate.

7. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

1. I think the other Arab states simply have to look at Iraq and Afghanistan to help with their decision to hold their mud.
    2. I think the other Arab countries are supporting the radicals, but only under the table with funds and guns.
    3. I think Israel is going to clean sweep the entire border, then establish a kind of DMZ, then pull back and tell Lebanon it better stay that way or they come back.
    4. I am glad they are finally doing it. You have this little postage stamp of a country with few natural resources trying to survive surrounded by huge countries that **** oil and make big bucks from it, and the Arabs still want Israel off the map. If I were Israel, I would've struck back long ago.
    5. Look at the history of the "Palestinian People" and you will find a ragtag bunch of Muslims that none of the other countries want. The only reason the other Arab countries support "Palestinians" is because they are a thorn in the side of the U.S. and Israel. A closer look at the history of "Palestine" calls into question the legitimacy of their existence anyway.....

8. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

woulden't this all be so ironic if the jews tried to take over the world :D

9. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Fact: Iran, with Syria's help, has provided over 13,000 Katyusha rockets to Hezbollah.

Fact: Israel takes shiat from no one

Iran and Syria may just decide to push a little harder and actually commit troops and arms (beyond the Iraninan SF forces assisting Hezbollah now).

Israel at that point decides that it's time to use the Nuclear option.

Possible.

10. tuffdogstudio

tuffdogstudio 1/2 ton status

This conflict has been long overdue, Israel is done appeasing the world and the Palestinians, My opinion is that Israel feels it has no other recorse but to kick the living daylights out of Hesbola and be done with this.

11. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I believe that Hamas and Hezbollah are doing what all muslims want to do but wont because of the costs of war, so they fund these guys to do thier dirty work. Personally, I like the way Isreal does business. If it clucks like a chicken, walks like a chicken, and youve seen chickens shooting missles at you, you kill all the chickens and say your sorry for any ducks you killed.

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

As long as the Arab people refuse to live next to the Jewish people and vice versa the cycle will continue. Israel isn't going anywhere, that's the hard truth of it. They are there to stay.

Extremists as always can only see their point of view with no compromise, so don't expect peace through diplomacy. You get results when extremists are marginalized or eliminated.

If Israel was smart they would take the sorrounding land piece by piece and never give it back. No apologies.

13. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The reason that the "moderate arab states" are staying out of this is because they are just as afraid of Ahmedemajad (or whatever the hell it is, the iranian president guy) as any other sane people are. They know the guy is a mad man... they know he may soon have atomic bombs and ICMBs... and they know him and the mullahs in Iran are the ones pulling all the strings with respect to Israel-related terrorism. Lastly, and most importantly, they know that Iranians are not Arabs... and that the Persians have conquered/dominated the middle east before. All of this spells disaster if you are a weak oil rich nation like Kuwait, Saudi, UAE etc etc.

It never gets reported over here (thanks again NYT!) but people in-the-know over in the middle east are definitely afraid of Iran and wouldn't have a problem with it at all if their President got pwned.

IMO the current situation in Israel/Lebanon has created a unique opportunity. Iran, Syria, Hezbollah and Hamas in Gaza have openly declared their hostilities and started a no-**** shooting war. This could be our last, best and only chance to stop that maniac in Iran before he has atomic bombs and is untouchable (short of nuclear war anyway!). Israel can take care of the "western front" on its own, no problem... all we have to do is make sure the Syrians can't get away (to the east) and take care of Iran. We should do what we can to remove their leadership and the mullahs... if we can just find dissadent groups in Iran, we can do what we did in Afghanistan. Insert spec ops... train/equip dissadents... and then use them as the army and massive US air support to hammer the Revolutionary Guards.

j

15. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Israel has been waiting for a reason to do this for a while, now they have a reason, and will get no interference. As long as the more "stable" Arab countries stay out of it, then Israel's "Big Brother" won't step into the fray. The US wants Israel to succeed, and has strategically surrounded Iran, and in effect, Syria as well, to keep this fight as fair as possible. There is a little more to this story, but maybe some of the more educated fellows (and ladies) may like to sum it up. Religion, on a world scale, has a little bit to do with the whole thing, and not Judaism or Islam.

John

16. jekbrown

oh yeah, one other quick note... if any of you read Charles Krauthammer's collumns, you know that the Palestinian vs Jewish wars have nothing to do with the "occupied territories". The Palestinians actually started attacking the Jews with terrorist tactics in 1965... the Jews didn't take the "occupied territories" until the war of 1967. For the next 25 or so years Yasser Arrafat and the NY Times did what they could to make the conflict about these lands... but real history proves otherwise.

j

17. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Looks like we all see this much the same way.

Israel was provoked and they responded as they always do (even a little more restraint maybe). They have been putting up with this sh*t forever and Hezbollah and Lebanon are getting what they deserve. It is odd though how all of the major news outlets portray this as such a tragedy to the Lebanese civilians, but they have been so quiet over the years about Israeli casualties.

18. jekbrown

yeah... I like all the calls for "restaint". If Cuba launched hundreds of rockets into Miami and snuck in and obducted a few of our military guys as hostages do you think we would (or should!) respond is a "restained" manner? Please. The media/European response to this is such blatant Jew-hating its not even funny. If 200 rockets landed in Paris, do you think the people of France would be demanding a restrained response? Of course not... because they aren't "evil jews".

The clear lesson here is: Jews are bad... so whatever happens to their civilians is "tough luck" and not worth mentioning or reporting or starting an outcry about. Conversely, when a Jew kills anyone... even a terrorist POS who should be killed... its a human tradgedy of epic proportions and the Jews should be more sensative and nice and just go back to their homes to dodge rockets. It is Nazi like anti-semitism and its sickening. Fock Europe. We lost a **** load of great men trying to teach the Europeans not to be a-holes and it appears to not have worked. Next time a war starts over there, I say we just let it burn itself out and nuke the victor. lol.

j

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I'm wondering if there's been any Bell Middle East phone calls placed from Jerusluam to Tehran in the last couple of days?

Seems like the Israelis I'm hearing on the radio is trying to let the world know, without coming right out and saying it that Iran may be coming into their crosshairs real fast and real hard over this latest stunt and if the stuff keeps up, they will not have a problem leveling key areas of Iranian terrain..................:D

20. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That's the way to do it.