Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Surround Sound

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zcarczar, Jul 9, 2005.

1. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Ok car audio gurus I need some help. I have this DVD player and I want to put surround sound in my tow rig for those long trips, so what do I need to do? I assume I need a processor, or do I just need a center speaker since it already has basically a 4.1 dolby setup now without the center speaker.

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

anybody?

3. danny7139

danny7139 1/2 ton status

# Dolby Digital & DTS Surround Decoding
    # 4-Channel High-Power Amplifier (50W x 4 max)

ahh it already does it for you it like you said 4.1 ch because it decodes dolby and has outputs for 4 speakers.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd replace the factory speakers with some good aftermarket speakers if y'all haven't already. I'm a big fan of the Infinity Kappa's. Subwoofer(s) will really bring the movies alive. If ya don't have a sub yet, think of getting one, or two, or more.

5. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I already have 2 alum 10q's for the back wired down to 1.33 ohm's for the subs with a 1600x1 Audiobahn amp, I just need some polyfil for the box.

As for door speakers I have some MA Audio Speakers for the doors, according to the reviews they are pretty good, but I still need to get some for the rear and a spool of speaker wire to wire everything up because I will amplify the door speakers to get some more volume out of it since the subs are pretty loud.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like you have it all planned out. Wish I could afford a DVD head unit. My newest purchest is a Sirius Reciever. I just need too install it now.