Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Survived the day... a mud race and two weddings

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jun 28, 2003.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Of all the days in the summer, two friends planned their weddings on June 28th, one at 2 pm and one at 3 pm.

And on top of that, June 28th happened to be a race day... Two mud races at two different spots.

So, 8:00 am this morning, I took off to the mud race to watch some friends race (I had planned not to be able to enter). Half way through at 12:30 after they did 2 of their 4 runs, I took off, drove the 40 miles home, made it to the 2:00 wedding, then the 3:00 wedding, then the reception for the 2:00 wedding, then the reception for the 3:00 wedding.

Now I'm sitting at home watching old home videos of when I was a kid. The 3:00 wedding was of my "best friend" since kindergarten... even though I've rarely seen her very often since 7th grade, she still introduced me to her husband as her best friend.

Now, all you psychological types... why should I feel slightly depressed? I feel like I gave away a best friend today... I never had any feelings other than friendship for her... and all I could think is "He better take good care of her". Maybe I'm just missing the old times when we were kids around the neighborhood.

Anyway... I guess making it to 2 weddings and 1/2 a mud race is better than missing the race altogether. Only drawback: spent more money on gas than I wanted to... wallet returns to empty.
    (end of pointless post)

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Geeesh, big day... I once had to go to two funerals and a birthday party on the same day.... Thank God they do funerals in the morning and afternoons. Needless to say I got quite ****ered up at the birthday party...