Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension advice

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tree_entz, May 4, 2004.

1. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

This is what I got: (shortbox 86 chevy) BDS 4" spring lift in front, ORD shackle flip, and (yikes) 3" of body lift. (the lattermost came with the truck from necks more red than I, but it's been aweful helpful doing other work on it!). 36" TSLs but sorta irrelevant to this.
    Typical chevy pickup sittin low in the front. and my TSL are munchin away at my fenders. I know I know cutem, but living deep in the salt belt isn't too friendly on metal.
    Ordered ORD's zero rate add a leafs (1") and realized later that I really didn't like the idea of putting the block and 2degree shim together. ORD then told me I could get corrected zero rates. Talked to the dude and said that castor angle is more important than pinion with this little lift. So, thinking ahead, if I want to try some longer shackles (any feedback on those Hill 4 wheel drive shackles?), will that screw with my castor angle too? So should I just wait till I get longer shackles, and then determine the angle I need correction for? Does anyone know how far off a typical (73-87) chevy pick up sits in the front? I want it level, and want to add a little clearance
    since the thing flexes so much now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif. Any advice?
    tree_entz@yahoo.com
    oh yeah, ORD rocks

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

mine was like 3/4" low in the front stock, now its about an inch out w/ susp lift and bb swap.

3. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

UH, do I have to clarify this???? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    If I send my zero rates back, they'll mill those so I wont even get the full 1". If I later get longer front shackles, will that change my castor angle further? Will a different degree shim help that? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Dont know, btw, i was answering this.
    [ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know how far off a typical (73-87) chevy pick up sits in the front?

[/ QUOTE ]