Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension bushings

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by tim_87, Feb 28, 2001.

1. tim_87

tim_87 1/2 ton status

my other posting for smoother ride brought many good suggestions. in looking for a smoother ride i have changed shocks next will be the tires because they are about gone. i am looking for more information on the suspension bushings and the swaybar bushings. the swaybar bushings are badly worn and cracked. and how difficult are they to change out. thanks for all the suggestions.

musicman

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Member's experience is welcome on this one, how are the bushings to remove from the bar?

The fronts are a no brainer, they're split and just come right off. The ones in the end may need to be drilled or "smoked" out. When you install the new ones, use some grease, and clean the holes out with a file to make sure they can slide in without hanging up.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I've been using a drill todo this for a bunch of years. The bushing comes right out this way. The Urethane bushing then slide right in place.

Mike