Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension droop??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIGRED74K20, Jan 8, 2006.

1. BIGRED74K20

BIGRED74K20 Registered Member

i have a 74 chevrolet k20, prior to the new lift i had 4" front tuff country springs with rear blocks, and 3" bodylift. a month ago i purchased 6" tuff country ez rides with ORD 1" zero rate for the front and and ORD 4" shackle flip with 4" blocks in the rear. about 2 weeks ago i was looking straight at my truck and it was drooping down on the passenger side, so i thought maybe it was cause my tires were turned.:confused: then i went home and it still was like that in the shop, so i measured from the front spring eyes on each side to the ground and there was a 3/4" difference from the passenger side to the driver side.:mad: and it almosts looks like the passenger side spring is flatter than the driverside. but now since i took the spring apart to put the zero rate in wouldnt that void my warranty? ANY IDEAS????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

One thing you could try is to loosen all the spring eye bolts, and then jump up and down on the front and rear bumpers. Then re-tighten all the spring eye bolts, and check the truck for level again.