Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension lift problems

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brownjoe, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Brownjoe

Brownjoe Registered Member

Hello fellow four wheelers. I recently raised my suspension to six inches and added a three inch body lift. this added clearance has created some problems. my drive shaft is now at a bad angle and my fan which is mounted to the engine is without a shroud. can anybody give me some suggestions as to how I can fix these problems.

2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

as far as the drive shafts go. which shaft frt or back is giving you the problem, and which end of that shaft is at the bad angle??

an engine driven fan without a shroud is not very efective so i would want to fix that soon.. you could custom design one from some sheet aluminum, which isn't all that hard. or spend some cash and by an electric fan.

3. Brownjoe

Brownjoe Registered Member

it is the rear drive shaft and it is creating unwanted preasure on the rear main seal. that is a good idea for the fan shroud. thanks

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

if it is now out of balance it will eventually create a problem witht erear seal.. it is no longer turning in a circle.. it is a oval... does that make sence??? so it will affect other parts... get it re balanced and extanded... do you have degree shims in the rear??? have you dropped your transfer case???