Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension Lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Justin Palmbach, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Justin Palmbach

Justin Palmbach Newbie

Feb 28, 2006
    Hi ive got a 1976 K5 and i want to lift it. i was thinking of going 6 inchs. but i was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas of making this lift look good. and still be safe. and im still not sure what kind of tires to go with. ive got 15 inch right now. should i go 16 inch?

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Nov 29, 2004

You'll need longer brake lines, longer driveshafts or cv driveshafts, your pinion angle/driveshaft angle correlation will need to be adjusted to avoid vibration, the draglink angle changes and must be compensated for including adjusting your steering wheel back to center, et.

So your talking about a big change and a fair amount of money. All possible but if your inexperienced you may be suprised at what it takes. Just be aware.

All the information you'll ever need can be obtained by using the search feature on the board. If you'll search for suspension lift kits and similar topics it will bring up a long list of threads.

The two most recommended off-road kits are BDS and Tuff Country. If you want stiffer springs and just a cool look you can go Skyjacker.