Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by loudandproud, Jul 14, 2000.

1. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

About how much does it cost or should it cost to get a 4" or 6" lift on my 85 blazer?? I just kind of want an idea so I know if I am getting jerked around for when I go to get it done.

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

It depends
    If you get blocks in the rear its cheaper. if you get all springs its more expensive. A lift with blocks cost bout 300$ dollard i belive. An all spring one is more.

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

It should be less than $600 depending on what kind of lift you get and the deal you get on it. Mine is only a 2.5" but it was $220.

90K5

4. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Another thing to keep in mind is, are you lifting it for just looks, or for performance? If you want an inexpensive lift for looks only, then blocks in the rear would be good. But if you want offroad performance, then they would suck with axlewrap problems. You could either do the shackle flip in the rear to get 4" of lift, or lifted springs.

5. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

$500 for a cheap lift, $650 or so for a good one is about right. Labor is what gets you. If you can do it yourself (it is really very easy, especially if you are only going for 4"), you can get a decent one for $300. All prices are for blocks of course. SPrings are better, but you can get them later when your wallet recovers a little.