Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension lift????????

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Jays Beast, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Ok, I have been doing my research on spring /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif now I'm not sure what brand is good for a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif. Rough countrys are cheap so do they ride like crap /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif, Tough countrys are fair priced and good spring rate on the EZ springs. What brand springs work best on a /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif or should I consider using for the front set? Going to flip the rear shackle. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

For a burb, I'd go with the Tuff Country from ORD

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Have ORD custom order you some Alcon springs. I think Greg72 had this done and was very happy with the results. If I end up with a Sub. like I plan I will be doing this.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Alcon springs?

5. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Yah, I'm with Muddytazz on this one. I googled and yahooed 'alcon' and 'suspension' and the only automotive related results I found were alcon calipers.

I have owned an 87 3/4T 4x4 Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif since 5/15/02 and have been reading everything I can get my hands/puter on related to all sorts of mods w/ emphasis on suspension mods. I have never heard of alcon springs.

I still havent commited my few $$$'s to anything more than the bare minimum (radiator, H2O pump, hoses, plugs/wires/cap/rotor/coil, MSD6A [$165 expermement]) but I am definitely doing my research and trying not to cut corners the first time that will lead me to redoing everything right the 2nd time.

Not to say that Alcon doesnt make springs, but if they do, I have never heard of em.

Ben

6. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Jay

I posted a similar /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif thread in the ORD forum 6" Tuff Country All Spring Lift ?' which might be of help.

Here's another /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif post you should check out Re: Shipping cost on possible order

Try and read the whole site and all the forums. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif - I've been at it for a few weeks and got maybe 25% of it read so far. I can say that I've been enriched by all the knowledge I've gained from this site and a cpl others like it.

Ben

'It is easier to get into a thing than to get out of it' - One of Murphy's Laws

7. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

The rough countrys are cheap, and you get what you pay for. I have them and can't wait to get new springs. Mine have only been on about a year and a half, and are already sagging, and they seem to me to be too soft. I would go with the tough countrys or BDS.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Your searches will be much more successful if you use "Alcan" instead of "Alcon". /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ORD has their springs custom fabbed by Alcan Spring in Grand Junction, Colorado. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Alcan makes some really nice stuff!

9. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I thought so!!! Good catch Harry!!

10. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the response and info /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. bpiccioni

bpiccioni 1/2 ton status

Harry

Thanks for the hep! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I can foresee a future ORD post to try to get Stephen to comment on Alcon vs. Tuff Country.

Ben