Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bhintz, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

I have a 88 K5 Im looking for an 4 inch lift, and was wondering what lift rides the best on rode and has good flex in it, and is 4wheel parts genuine suspension any good or just one cheap ass lift?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I think if you are looking for soft springs that ride well, you should check into either BDS or Tough Country springs. Whatever you do dont get ranchos or Procomps... both are stiff as hell!

j

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2, 4, and 6" lifts from Genuine suspension use Pro Comp springs and as stated they are stiff. 8" from Genuine uses Superlift stuff.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

5. Biguub91

Biguub91 Registered Member

all i know is that procomps are stiff as anything. Procomp, for example, has one extra leaf than my 6" superlift. I have superlift and i really like it. It rides extremely soft compared to my friends procomp. Plus there are other ways to make your suspension softer. Like shackle flips and lift shackles. Because then you can use less stiff springs or in the case of lift shackles get the same lift with fewer leafs in pack.

6. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    2, 4, and 6" lifts from Genuine suspension use Pro Comp springs and as stated they are stiff. 8" from Genuine uses Superlift stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I run the 2 1/2" springs from Genuine Suspension/Pro Comp and I'd have to say that they ride pretty good. lots of flex and pretty soft ride. a lot softer than my stock springs rode anyways.

7. yellow81k10

yellow81k10 Registered Member

ive got a tuff country ezride 4" lift on my81k10 and it rides really well on the rode and does fairly well offroad. you wont be able to run larger than 33's without cutting fenders with there 4" lift

8. rich01

rich01 Registered Member

yea just stay away from rancho and procomp. personally i think that superlift is pretty stiff. BDS is a good one to go with.