Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension opinion

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GMMANIAC, May 1, 2002.

GMMANIAC Registered Member

May 1, 2002
    I need an opinion for my rear suspension. I just installed a 2.5 Superlift system, and even though my blazer sits level it appears to have the saggy butt so I was thinking about installing the ORD zero rate spring to give my blazer a level appearance. I was also wondering if I do install them do I leave out the degree shim. Any suggestions?
  2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 2001
    Zero rates are a good way to solve saggy butt. The *best* approach if cost was no object would be to replace the rear springs... but if you aren't made of money, the zero rates are a good alternative. As far as the shims go... if you need them with your 2.5" lift... you'd prolly need 'em with the zero rates installed. I'm not a shim guru, but it seems that when you add more lift (as you would with the zero rates), all else being equal, you'll need larger shims (with respect to the angle).

The easiest way to figure all this stuff out is to install the zero rates and test drive it. If you are getting some vibes, add the shims, or drop the t-case (or both). Works for me...