Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension problems????????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bear, Feb 10, 2003.

1. bear

bear Registered Member

If any of you guys or gals can help me figure this out, I'd be much obliged.....the driver's side of my rig sits about 1" lower than the passenger side. I've got new 2.5" lift blocks in the rear and new 2.5" springs up front. I'm on 32" tires, and yes, I've check the air pressure. All 4 shocks were replaced recently. This is driving me nuts!!!! Any ideas?

83 K5/305/2.5" lift/32" Firestones

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

is someone sitting in the drivers seat? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

most cars and trucks droop to the driver side becasue a driver is always in it. and in my case, the driver is a phat arse and makes it lean more.

switch the springs to the other side and even them out

4. NE-RokToy

NE-RokToy Registered Member

You said they are new springs, and as such they will take some time to break in and settle. To speed up the process take it wheeling, nothe breaks springs in faster then some good rough trails.

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Body mount bushings. Check those.

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I agree with all of these: body mounts, upper shackle bushings, and GO BREAK THEM IN!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

me too! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. bear

bear Registered Member

thanx for the suggestions...and the Blazer sags on the driver's side even when there is no one in the driver's seat. My rig had this problem when I bought it, so I hoped that the suspension upgrades I made (shocks, springs and blocks) would fix it. So, does that leave the body mounts?

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So, does that leave the body mounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.

10. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    So, does that leave the body mounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a bent frame /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I got in a wreck in my K5 once after wheeling it for years. The frame was bent just behind the steering box. When I got it repaired, the guy had it on a frame machine and straightened out the rest of the frame for me. He said it was out a little bit here and a little bit there. Afterwords, it sat straight and even the doors opened and closed better /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. It still had one rear corner which sat a little lower so I pulled out the rear mount bolt, jacked it up a little, put a few fender washers in there, and bolted it back together. Good as new. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Hope this helps /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

frame, mounts..and check the cab supports for rust...they rust out and down she goes..my dads 79 pickup sags on the drivers side cause one of the core supports collapsed due to rust!

12. hardcore_rob

hardcore_rob 1/2 ton status

check to make sure the rear right block is sitting correctly. i had a similar problem, thought it was exactly where it needed to be, once it popped into place it evened everything up, plus it seemed to be the cause of the dogtracking i was experiencing. i fixed the way the leafs set on the block and i noticed that the axel was a bit off, just some things to check.