Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension Q's...(Steering arm and shocks)....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fad2blk99, Jul 22, 2003.

1. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Suspension Q\'s...(Steering arm and shocks)....

I need to get new studs and cone washers along with my steering arm - do any of y'all know of a vendor who supplies the studs, cone washers and steering arm together?

Also... I plan on getting RS9000x's, but this truck build-up budget has more than trippled what I planned for... so for the time being I'm gonna run a cheap set of shocks ($100-$150/set). Can you guys point me to a good soft riding shock in this price range. I had Superlift Superides / Heckthorns on my previous two 4x4's and they were okay. Are the Skyjacker Hydro's worth the extra couple bucks, or are there other better shocks in this price range?

Thanks for the help!!!

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Re: Suspension Q\'s...(Steering arm and shocks)....

have you tried a thread chaser on the studs(if the threads are your problem)that might clean the threads up just enough to be able to keep them. Don't know of anybody for sure that carries the studs but 4wheelparts probably carries them including the arm. I have a set of pro comp ES3000 shocks that came with my procomp lift and I like them. They are around 35 bucks a piece and the ES5000's are only a couple of dollars more. hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

85K5 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif3/4ton,14bolt/10bolt,9"lift,35"boggers,16.5x14welds,big horse 406SBC/700r4

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. My studs are N/G.... I had to use a pipe wrench to remove the studs to get the old steering arm off...

I'll look into the ES 3&5000 shocks...

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

yeah know the situation,GM steering arms are almost always a bitch. I don't think it would be worth going to a wrecking yard for studs but thats an idea if you can't find anyone that... wait I just thought of boyce equipment, they probably carry steering studs. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif