Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension Question for Lifted Burb???

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by sanddragon2004, Jun 24, 2003.

1. sanddragon2004

sanddragon2004 Registered Member

Ok, i finally got my burb lifted, 89 sub 6" pro comp, 35" all terrains. and love it. ill post some pics in a few days.

But it steers like shiz, and has a lot of play in front end going over bumps and shiz, my buddies said i should get some good steering stabilizers cuz im just running the oem one still. what are you guys thoughts on them? dual better, or just a single adiqute? im working on my 3/4 ton axles and eventually plan to go to 39.5" tires and more lift so what ever i get will support that as well?

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Did you use a raised steering arm when you did the lift? Cost is about $55 and worth every penny. Answer that first.........

I did the same lift, 6" Tuff Country, and have no steering issues or bump steer, and only run one stabilizer. You should not need duals with only 35" tires.

3. sanddragon2004

sanddragon2004 Registered Member

Yes i got the raised steering arm. thing was a bitch to get the old one off!

right now im running 35s but plan to swap for 38 or 39.5" tsls when i swap in my d44 and corp 14ff. axles

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

do some adjusting on the draglink. wen i lifted mine i had to screw with the draglink for a while cuz it would turn 3.5 turns to the right but only like .5 to the right.