Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85burbanator, Apr 25, 2005.

1. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

alrighty, ill be recieving my tax returns here shortly and am going to buy stuff for my blazer project. ill have about 500 or so for suspension parts. im doing a shackle flip in the rear for sure along with some tc 2.5 lift springs. im debating on 52"s up front (have some lying around) or some lift springs. im looking for around 5 inches of total lift up front (zero rate will be used to move the axle forward) and alittle more in back to prevent the sag. the truck will be street driven every once in a while, more so in the winter. are the 52's streetable up front? also if i deside to do 52"s up front what is a good shock that wont break the bank? thanks in advance
    mike

2. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Here's a bump for you.

From what I've read (and because of that, it's what I'm doing as well) you must convert to crossover steering to run 52's up front, due to the axle being moved forward ~2" and due to the extra flex causing the stock front/back steering to bind up at full stuff & full droop.