Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension seats in a daily driver?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 13, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

How comfortable are your suspension seats? Could you see them being comfortable on a daily basis? Long trips? I really want to lose the bench seat in my 97 C2500, if I am spending money on junkyard seats that most likely need to be reupholstered, why not buy some good seats that I can use later on if I do SAS the truck?

http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html

Daily Driver seat is my thought

2. jms

jms 1/2 ton status Author

Good experience w/ Mastercraft, great quality, but you'll pay for it. Not great experience when trying to deal with PRP, but that's beating a dead horse. I have a deep Mastercraft bucket on the driver's side; great for long trips (NE to Moab and back...) and for wheeling, great support. For running errands around town - well, let's just say I have to hoist myself out of the seat by the 'cage. People have this funny look on their face when they see a guy coming out of a lifted truck backwards... :D For me and my overall experience, he Mastercraft seats were worth the money; YRMV.

P.S. Don't know how tall you are; I'm 6-1, and on a regular Mastercraft seat, the headrest doesn't come up high enough (it should be right about by the ears) for me. I also sat in a few others, and the headrest ends below my head. That's a great recipe for snapping your neck if you get rearended. Probably not a concern for a 'wheeler, but certainly for a truck that sees hiway. That's why my driver's seat has a lower cushion, so the headrest is where it should be. Some companies have come out with adjustable headrests on suspension seats - something to check out. By the way, finish the S10...:D

3. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

PRP , mine is a DD