Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension Seats

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by djsblaze, Jul 6, 2006.

1. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Im looking for a reclining suspension seat. Found Mastercrafts Baja RS, and they seem to fit the bill. I ditched my hardtop and tailgate, and my truck rides alot stiffer...I need these seats, or a kidney transplant. Mastercrafts website offers adapters for jeeps and old broncos, but nothing in the fullsize range. My question for those of you that run Mastercraft seats, were you able to adapt your seat base, or did you have to fab new seat mounts? Here's a long shot...anyone in Oklahoma ever done this? My kidneys thank you in advance...

2. goneballistic

goneballistic Registered Member

seats

check eaby for seats, you can find great deals on them. mounting them takes some modifying but its not that hard. just sit the seat on top of you slidrs and brackets. and weld 2 peices of flat steel across the bottom of the seat where it should mount to the sliders.

3. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

Appreciate the help...

4. goneballistic

goneballistic Registered Member

oh yeah be sure to cover the bottom of the seat so you wont catch it on fire! lol i know someone who did that!