Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension suggestions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 724fishin, May 2, 2002.

1. 724fishin

724fishin Registered Member

I am interested in peoples input regarding a suspension for my 72 Jimmy. I want to run 35 in tires. I don't want to do a shackle flip in the rear or run blocks. I have an older style winch in the front so there is some extra weight there and I expect to have a fairly heavily loaded tool chest in the rear. I am not very worried about the street ride, it is not a daily driver. I just want it to be fairly capable off road, not extreme but not embarrasing. As always it needs to be reasonable cost wise.

What are peoples thoughts on BDS suspensions, anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Here is what I run, take a look at my gallery listed below and you can see what it looks like.
    Front is Rancho 4" springs
    Rear is Superlift 5 1/2" springs
    3" body lift & trimed sheetmetal
    One thing to keep in mind when buying a lift for our rigs is the pre-made spring packs are made to the weight specs of a GM PickUp. The rear of our K5 is heavyier so a 4" rear lift will sit lower than the front "saggy Butt".
    My combonation does sit just a bit higher in the rear with my hard top off but sits level with it on.
    Hope this helps.....

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i agree with the skyjacker springs. they are good but expensive, but since you dont want a flip and or blocks whjat choice is there? i dont know about the other springs. check the for sale board. skyjacker has an add in the paper today. they need 3 people. maybe mr. rick will give you an employee discount. lol thanks for the help with the mounts

nathan

4. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

I run 35's with a SkyJacker 6" front/8" rear spring lift. Handles very well and the back end sits a little higher than the front (the 8" rear gets rid of the Blazer 'butt-sag') so your tool chest should be no problem.

Chris

5. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

I'm running 4 in. Tuff Country springs in the front and blocks in the rear. I'm gonna do the shackle flip ASAP. The ride is really soft with these springs. I'm running 33x12.50 SSRs on 15x8 Rocrawlers. I have pics posted if you want to take a looksy!

6. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

im running pro comp springs.i got them from 4 wheel parts wholesalers.they were 288 for thew rear.my front was already lifted but the front springs are generally cheaper than the rear.so i dont see the four springs costing more than 500 dollars.

7. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

Skyjacker Springs all the way. They are really not any more expensive than any other springs. They are high quality. I would try 6" front and rear. If you need more rear lift, try some zero rate add a leaves from ORD.