Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eightyone, May 13, 2004.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

i recently rented a spot in my friends shop so i am tearing down my truck and rebuilding it all at once. im wondering what everyones running for a flexy suspension. i was considering the home made shakle flip int he rear and stock rear springs up front and moving the axle up 2 inches...i also heard about longer rear sprins with the shakle flip. im wondering what works and for who. i am aiming for around 4 inches of lift and will be running 38 inch tires on a 14bff and dana 44. pics would be awsome. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I would think that by doing the 52's (stock rear springs right) in the front with a longer shackle also with ford towers and longer shocks, you'd have a nice front suspencion and the shackle slip in the rear with the shocks relocated to wher they triagle (dont know whats its called mabey you know what im talking abou though.) I think after that youd be pretty well in the zone of Mucho de Flexo /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

From my understanding, the AK-57 is one of the flexiest rear suspension you can get. I'd probley do BDS or Tuff Country springs up front.

4. tree_entz

tree_entz 1/2 ton status

woa, i guess i never really checked out the ak57 setup.
    but is that a must down on The Island? i'd consider the ORD shackle flip if I were you. then you can still use softer springs. stock with ORDs zero rate add a leafs or a custom spring setup. that would be nice.
    I'll tell you one thing about BDS man: warranteeeee.
    i watch my buddy jump his lifted burban with confidence cause of that word. (i have got to post that picture; 4000 lbs of detroit steel in the air is a sight to behold /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif).

and (perhaps)the greatest suspension mod for chevys: ding that swaybar /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif