Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by paintyouup123, Sep 28, 2005.

1. paintyouup123

paintyouup123 Registered Member

I hav an 89' burb 1500 4x4 and I was wondering if it would be better to have a 4 in shakle lift with stock springs or a 2 1/2 ORD sakle lift with 2 in lift springs with a 4 inch lift in the front?

2. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

I think that it really depends on the condition of your stock springs. If your stock springs are in great condition than it is a heck of a lot cheaper just to get the 4" shackle flip and not have to spend an additional $350+ for springs and $180 for the flip. I need new springs for the rear so I was plannign on getting the 2" TC lift springs and the 2.5" flip with the 4" springs in the front.

3. BL1TZKRIEG

BL1TZKRIEG 1/2 ton status

I was thinking of getting new stock springs and a 4" shackle flip, would the tuff country 2 springs flex better than the stockers

what a better setup the 2"tuffcountry with 2.5 shackle flip
    or the stock springs with a 4"

4. scubahard

scubahard Registered Member

I really do not know. Someone elase might be able to comment on that. The only company that makes a quality stock height spring (other than custom) that I know of is Superlift. You can find springs in JC Whitney for our trucks, but I wouldl like a set that I have more information and history behind. I will never own a Superlift product. Someone else might have some good ideas where to get a high quality stock height spring.