Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90idahoblazer, Jun 28, 2001.

1. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I was wondering if some of you sbject matter experts could advise me on how and wher I could get leaf springs at a resonable price. Right now I have a 2 1/2 rancho lift. Rides like a rock.I would like to soften this ride or go to stock springs. I know I might sound old fasion but I like to put my 90 blazer back to stock height if you dont think I can soften the rancho out. My 2 1/2 year old son loves riding with me but he looks like a bobbing puppy dog in the back seat. Im open for some opinions!!!! thanks in advance. By the way this is my first Blazer. It is a dream to drive other than the ride...I purchesed it from my brother in law for $4,000 it dont leak and it looks like it just came off the show room floor He didnt use for anything except heading to the ski hill in the winter time. I think I lucked out on this one... Im hooked. I will post a pic as soon as I figure it out.

Thanks in advance

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Good shocks is my suggestion. Somethign's wrong if it rides that bad. My truck rides like a Cadilac with a 4" Rancho and 35s.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Tim is right, might well be due to your shocks. RS5000's tend to ride a bit stiffer than say, a set of adjustable RS9000's. Went from the 5000 to 9000 on my truck, actually seems too soft at the #2 setting (9000's are 5 way adjustable), and this is with a 4" Tuff Country HD lift.

<font color=blue>'79 ONE TON TPI K5 - See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com>http://www.blazzinor.alloffroad.com</A>

4. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

Come on 84, A Cadillac ? I don't believe that one....hehe

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My truck rides VERY nice. I have RS 5000 shocks. I think the big tires just make it ride nice, I have 35x12.50R15 BFG Mud Terrains. I run them at 30 PSI. I think it rides better than stock. I mean, it's a straight axle, leaf sprung 4x4, it's not going to ride all that wonderful, but mine's the best riding one I've ever been in. Stock I had the HD 3 leaf springs, the new ones have 5 leaves and only two are full-length. Rancho springs are really soft, I think the lowest spring rate 4" springs available.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Congratulations on what sounds like a good buy!!

I suspect add a leafs. Are you sure you are on 2,5 inch rancho lift springs only? How many leafs front and back?

What air pressure, and what size tires?

If the Blazer's previous owner threw add a leafs in there and didn't tell you, that explains it.

Or it could be original worn out shock absorbers , that just needs replacment. Does it lean much when taking slow curves?

Maybe I helped a litle.

Good luck with it anyhow!!

<font color=red><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com>http://www.espen88k5.alloffroad.com</A></font color=red>

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

let a few PSI out of your tires... but this causes tire wear problems, and loss of MPG.
    i agree with getting the RS9000's. i have ridden in a few trucks with them, they are nice. but i am one for a firm ride. i have dual ES3000 all round...

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. lots of plans for it....
    but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in so cali if ya got any parts for me.

8. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

I have five on the back and I called rancho and their tech rep told me that it was a 2 1/2 lift on the front with a 21/2 block on the back...thanks for the inputs