Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suspension?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GMCJimmy06, Jun 22, 2006.

1. GMCJimmy06

GMCJimmy06 Newbie

Have anybody try BDS suspension? Is it a good suspension?

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Everyone that runs it seems to like it. They're supposed to have a good warranty too. I, myself, don't have any experience with them.

3. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

They are supposed to be one of the best. They have a lifetime warranty against breakage (and I believe you have to use their bushings)

Downsides are that the retailers are pricelocked and cant publically disclose the price. That makes price shopping a little more difficult. You have to call them or email them for a price.

The other is that not too many people seem to carry them.

I chose the next best, Tuff Country EZRide, mainly because of price and availibility. Otherwise, it would have been BDS.

4. txfiremank5

I would have liked to have seen a spring rate table like TC has as well. It's sort of hard to compare spring packs, when you only know what one manufacturer's springs are rated at.

56" 4" TC EZ rides w/ a rate of 325lbs. vs. "they flex well". More companies need to step up the plate and offer up the rates of their springs. I'm sure some don't want to show them, but thos who are setting their sights on catering to the wheeling world need to show it in writing.

5. 78Suburban

78Suburban 1/2 ton status

6. txfiremank5

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

BDS is about as good as it gets in stock aftermarket springs. I have TC's and a buddy has BDS. I personally think his BDS are a little better then my TC's. We wheeled alot together when I lived in AZ and his springs always did well. Mine did good too but I have 1 bent mainleaf and he has 0 bent mainleaves. His truck is setup better then mine too and he always took lines as hard or harder then mine.

If I was going to buy standard aftermarket springs it would be BDS.

Harley

8. GMCJimmy06

GMCJimmy06 Newbie

Thanks! plan on getting it 4" BDS soon! will updat about it after i get it!

9. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

I have a pair of slightly flatenened 4" BDS fronts in the garage if you are interested. I was about to get 6" BDS all the way around until I found the fine print in their "no fine print" warranty, which is that returns are subject to the policy of each reseller. For example, my reseller said he would take my old springs back, I could by a new set and then if BDS warrantied them, he woudl refund my money...If I didn't want to buy a new set, I would have to wait until mine were shipped to BDS, and a new set sent out...Make sure you ask whoever you get the springs from what their policy is.