Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

suspension

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by trailromper, Jul 30, 2002.

1. trailromper

trailromper Registered Member

I have always been bothered when I go over a serious of bumps at a high speed the rear of my '94 k1500 blazer acts like it wants to go sideways and I always almost loose control of this beast. Anybody out there with any ideas on what I can do to fix this, I sure would appreciate it
    I've also noticed radiator fluid under my blazer and I'm a thinkin it might be a cracked head or maybe a block, but any how I'm sure glad I purchased that extended warranty. It goes into the shop tommorrow so I'll know the damage then and anybody out there with a slight hessatation or slow reacting throttle response and have higher miles on your ride<----Throttle body sensor man, change it, it does wonders. And I'm hoping for that new motor.

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

do you have a rear swaybar?

there's really not much you can do for a squirrely back end...except carry around 10 fourty pound bags of cement /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

3. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

My 93 1500 never had a rear end that was that bad. Even at high speeds with bumps.Almost losing control is definatly a safety matter. Most of the time I didnt carry around sand bags or cement just in the winter time. You could try to put a few sand bags back there 2-4 worked fine for me for extra traction in the winter. When you take it in I would definatly let them know about the rear end problem too, as I said my 93 half ton wasnt near like that and for your safety it wouldnt hurt to have it checked out. Especially since you have that warrenty /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

WHATS A THROTTLE BODY SENSOR???? Are you talking about the throttle position sensor?

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

thats the same thing we asked him on the ORC board. i think he's referring to the TPS /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif