Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Suzuki's can be dangerous...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 17, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Suzuki\'s can be dangerous...

Today I was driving with my mom in her car... and this older suzuki comes ripping past us with a few inches of lift and big tires. It looked very tippy. I don't understand how people can drive those so high. If you have to make a sharp turn because of an animal or something that thing would definitly roll. just had to rant /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Re: Suzuki\'s can be dangerous...

Yeah, them zooks need SBC conversions to lower the COG /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Side note: My response to Jeep people is "Why doesn't anyone ever talk about SBC conversions on my trucks? Oh, wait, THEY COME WITH ONE!"

-- A

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

one of my friends has a suzuki lifted on 35s, that thing will not tip for anything. i swear the tires/wheels/axles weigh more the everything else.

BTW, he has taken it almost every where with very little problem, it jsut needs more power to turn the big 35s with the little 4 banger

4. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yup, i know several guys who wheel 'zuks, and wheel them HARD. only once have i seen any of them end up on their side, and when it happened it was because the guy was bored. One guy still has stock width axles, and 33's, and ive seen that go over further than any other stock width truck and stay planted. You think its gonna roll and it just keeps leaning. Another guy is on 35's with Land Cruiser axles, almost full width. He has a hard time trying to flop it. Other is on scout 44's and hes on 38's.

They are much more stable than consumers reports would let you believe. Even when lifted.

5. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

I think the key point is throwing heavier axles and big tires changes the center of gravity enough to alleviate the problem. Stock trim they are very tippy...Watched 2 kids push a junker one over on it's side in all of 30 seconds...

[ QUOTE ]

They are much more stable than consumers reports would let you believe. Even when lifted.

[/ QUOTE ]

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

30 seconds to push it over? Wow that must have been a real tippy one /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I love Zuk's! I would have 1 if I didn't have kids to haul w/ me when I wheel! I take so much crap w/ me I HAVE to have a fullsize!!!!!!

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I have one, currently sitting on 31's with a spring over and a roll cage. it was REALLY FREAKING HARD to get it to roll over actually, my friend tried to push it over with his truck and it didnt want to roll so i had to drive it up a big ass ledge at WFO in 2nd gear to get it to roll.

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow... I guess I was wrong about they look like they would roll pretty easy. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow... I guess I was wrong about they look like they would roll pretty easy. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

[/ QUOTE ] And thus is the problem with most of society. They look at rigs like ours or Zukis and say, oh those must roll in a second, they are EVIL! Sure they will roll easier than a simple passenger car but you could get a passenger car to rollover if you over if you were trying. At least once a year we get an accident around here where someone flipped a car, and its never a little truck rather a lowered riceburner(I swear thats true).

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh sorry... I never meant to offend I was just voicing what I saw and what I thought... good thing guys like you on here can clarify me and correect me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wasn't offended or anything just trying to make you think a little /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

13. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If you have to make a sharp turn because of an animal

[/ QUOTE ]

If it ain't a bull or a moose I mow down all animals that get in the way.

14. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

If ya hit them just right, you can lube your u-joints with them! It's a great way to maintain your truck and do it in a way that won't ruin the environment. You have to get used to the smell of burning animal parts on your headers/manifold though... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    this older suzuki comes ripping past us

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

You obviously don't own a Zuk...

Mine has 29" TSL's and won't even get out of it's own way.

Putting the 10.50 swampers on it was a HUGE improvement over stock. It feels so much more stable. But yes, they are hard to roll on the trail. With my stock springs, I can lift one of the rear tires 3' off the ground and it is still stable. Video proof too...

16. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I finally got my samurai running good tonight, cant wait to go drive it with the 31's, spring over and 6.1's in the t-case.