Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SW cage

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by earl87gta, Oct 21, 2003.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Hay guys gust thought i would let you know SW just came out with a faimly roll cage for our trucks it is an 8 or 10 point cage the price of it is 249.90 plus shipping I ordered one and as soon as it gets here I will let you know what I think of it.
    Earl

2. Tuff

Tuff Registered Member

I'm very interested to see how it turns out. The only issue I had with SW was that the tubes down window weren't bent. Let us know if this is true ot not.

3. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

Who is SW. what is there website

4. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

That is great news. Let us know what you think. Post pix if you can. I was just about to give up on a pre-fabbed family cage for my '72 and make one myself.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. mastercraftkpk

mastercraftkpk 1/2 ton status

Just called them and got a price of $320.00 w/o freight. (You buy the 10 point cage and an add on for the rear.)

How did you get a lower price?
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I only wanted the 8point set up I dint want to have to change it to keep my hard top but I have changed my order now to the ten point so I only paid 40 less then you. I for got to post it here but if you do a serch on sw in the garage you will see ware Don the owne of SW cages posts and right know he is giving $40 off for all CK5 members just let him know when you order it.

7. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I just check I paid 320 for the cage and like 30 ft of padding and the shipping it going to be around 100 here to NC He said that it was going to take a a little more then a week or so to get the cage shiped its the first first gen family cage they have made so the need a little extra time.
    I cant waight to see it. I miss driving my blazer but next summer when its back on the road its going to be a new truck. all painted up new interior and the 1ton convertion. I only hope my wife doesnt start adding up what Ive been puting in to it latlly or I may not be around to drive it.

8. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Have had a few ask for their contact info their web site is http://www.swracecars.com/roll%20bars%26cages.html
    And thier PH# is 800-523-3353 ask for Kevin or Don and they will help you Tell them your a CK5 member and you can get a 40 discount until I think jan ! but you may need to check on that. As soon as I get the kit in I will take some pics and do a Tech wright up on it for every one to see.
    Earl

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow they even make one for pickups. Gets me to thinking after the last rollover.

10. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i would love to see pix of the kit.

i wonder if it is the same 8/10 point cage that they had available years ago. i have scans of the main loop dimensions and other pieces for when i was thinking about buying.

are you basically buying the 10-point AND an 8-point, to make your own family cage? i was going to do this, but the 10-point is smaller tubing than the 8-point (wouldn't look right). so i was going to buy two 8-points and the front stringer kit, along with some straight tubing.

just read your posts again...doesn't sound like you are actually getting a family cage...you'll just have one loop. they probably gave you the long rear stringers to allow you to keep the rear seat, but no real protection for the rear passengers unless you heavily modify.

11. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

It has two hoops one behinde the driver and one behind the the passenger. Its basicly a ten point cage with an extra hoop for the passenger I was going to get the 8 point this way but changed my mind and got the ten. I hopfully will be getting it soon.
    Earl

12. tp85

do you have the kit yet? pix would be great.
    thanks.

13. tp85

hey earl,
    how did things turn out with your SW cage?

i am thinking about buying a 10-point from them, but i get different answers each time i call them. sometimes they say the cage mounts to the floor (with provided plates for underneath), and other times they say it goes to the frame. the guy that said it mounts to the frame, also said they ship outriggers (2X3) box tube. but this makes me wonder if they know that these trucks have rocker boxes which makes using the outriggers a challenge.
    thanks,
    tp85

14. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Hey guys sorry I havent posted progress pics I havent had time to work on the k5 alot. The kit came with the plates and the 2x3 out rigers to connect it to the frame. The lit came with the standered 10 point kit the only difrence was the rear bars in stead of them going striaght down they went back making the cage for the rear seat and then down atatching close to the tailgate. so far the only thing I dont like abought it is the front tubes are not in a good position if you plan to keep the top and sun visors so Im going to bend them a little diffrent. My digatal cammra is broke so ive got to get a new one to take pics of progress for every one. So far SW has been great to work with the cage I reseved first was bent wrong and they sent me a new one no problems and I had it in a few days almost no waight.

15. Robin

Robin 1/2 ton status

So does the front part of the cage mount to the windsheild frame, or is it too close to the visors on it's path to the floor?

16. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

Its to close to the visors you could go with out them and just bolt the top on and tint the first 6in of the window. I havent made my mind up on how Im goint to run the tubes yet I may put the bar that goes acroos the top back and bend the door tubes to go to them so they are not in the way.

17. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have pics of the SW cage installed yet?

18. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yes get them pics up cause I need a set of bars but I need to keep my topp too so I want to see what it looks like

19. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

Here’s what mine looked like up until a month or so ago. I ordered the kit before they officially offered a cookie cutter for our trucks so the design may be better now. I did move things around a bit in the rear but the pics might give you an idea what you’ll get with the kit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. RGV72BLAZER

RGV72BLAZER 1/2 ton status

Edinburg*San Bene*Online-The Real South Texas
    that looks pretty damn good...i see you got the fenders back on there...how's the Jimmy coming along? i tried looking up their website but couldn't find it...got a link? haven't seen you on austink5 lately either...hopefully my blazer starts coming together around mid may again...