Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sw roll cage conversion kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by drchan, Jun 29, 2003.

1. drchan

drchan Registered Member

i had sw send me a conversion kit to tie into my existing roll bar. the tubes that they sent me that run from the front window hoop down to the floor are strait without any bends. on their web site the kit shows that their are bends that kinda contour near the widow frame down the dash to the floor. anyone have a sw cage and can tell me if the front tubes are bent or strait. any help would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

My kit for my S-10 had tubes with two bends to contour around the dash. S&W offered a through the dash kit that I guess would only have one bend in them to angle up along the A-pillars, but not straight. Hope this helps. I would call your salesmen tomorrow, they seemed to be very helpful.

3. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I didnt have much luck with my S&W experience. Was sent the wrong pieces for the rear of my cage... and they blamed it on me. Then I had to pony up another $170 to get what I wanted. Pissed me off big time, mainly because of the way they treated me.

Oh, and my front bars are contoured to the dash.

Ken H.

4. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

yeah some jerk-off probably wasn't paying one bit of attention when he took the order, & they still expect you to pay the $170. what the hell happend to the customers always right. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

they probably didn't even send out the complimentary vasaline

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

My front tubes have bends in them.

6. drchan

drchan Registered Member

did you get it from sw. they told me that none of the ones that they made for blazers had bends in them. i told them that with that strait tube i'd have to go throught the dash. they said that is the point that it should fit through the speaker holes in the dash or i could cut holes in the dash that pissed me off. and then the said they could custom bend me some tubes for the front where i didn't have to go through the dash, for a price, now i'm really pissed. i have a $170 conv kit that i can't use. i thought i'd get a muffler shop to bend the tubes for me but every shop is saying that the wall thickness of the tubes are to thick for their machines. i'm stuck!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif sorry i went off on a long rant but that's not how you do business>

7. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

I just got a standard Gen II Blazer kit. And mine are bent to contour the dash. My [naughty word] up I got from them all had to do with the rear portion of the cage.

I would never recommend them. Wish I would have went with a Smittybuilt, or custom.

Ken H.

8. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    did you get it from sw. they told me that none of the ones that they made for blazers had bends in them. i told them that with that strait tube i'd have to go throught the dash. they said that is the point that it should fit through the speaker holes in the dash or i could cut holes in the dash that pissed me off. and then the said they could custom bend me some tubes for the front where i didn't have to go through the dash, for a price, now i'm really pissed. i have a $170 conv kit that i can't use. i thought i'd get a muffler shop to bend the tubes for me but every shop is saying that the wall thickness of the tubes are to thick for their machines. i'm stuck!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif sorry i went off on a long rant but that's not how you do business>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a cheapy harbor freight bender at the house. I can TRY and put a bend in them for you, but I'm not sure how well it would work. Don't know of anyone off the top of my head closer to you that could help. BTW, I'm in Sapulpa /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have been using S@W cages and car parts for years! I honestly have NEVER had a problem. I have put their cages in several race cars. My front down tubes are bent by the dash. I don't know who your salesman was, I usually talk to Ridge.