Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swamper pics>>>

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Burt4x4, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

www.geocities.com/baja/5099

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

YES! ....YES!!!.............YES!!!

That's WAY better. ....How do you like them so far?

The thing that's always great about your pictures is that the kids are always "in" on everything. Climbing on the rollbars, sitting in the tires.....make it a lot more personal than just looking at a plain 'ol picture of a truck.

Congrats! Now how are you going to resolve that Jerry Can thing?

-Greg72

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

hahaha thaks Greg.
    I can reweld the basket can holders to the gate. I suck at welding so i'll have to hire my wife's cousin to do the job. He works for beer so shouldn't be too tuff. So in time I will eather replace the whole carrier or modify the one I have....duno yet!

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

4. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

Burt, your ride looks great with the new rubber!!!!! I hope to get mine looking like that one of these days. I have to agree with Greg72, I love the fact you have your kids in the pix. Being a school teacher, I love to see when kids are excited about someting (especially when it is something I like). My wife (of two months) and I don't have any of our own yet but I am sure to get some pix with my brand new yellow lab soon!

Good luck on the gerry can situation, let us know how it all works out.

Rod

In Canada we use K5s instead of dog sleds now!

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Thanks Rod! Ya I love my kids and try to get them involved in all I do! Some they like some they don't but I will say they love the K5 almost as much as I do! My daughter was being way too cool, she answered the phone and the next thing she's talking about to my wife's friend is "Daddy got some really big SuperSwampers in the mail today" soo cool Ata Girl!!
    So I would walk up to her and say "What did Daddy get?" and she would yell out SuperSwampers!! We did that all night to the point my wife was "enough all ready"! kids are cool!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/baja/5099>www.geocities.com/baja/5099</a>

6. ED70K5

ED70K5 1/2 ton status

Way Cool, STEVO! The rig is still looking great!! How are the tires doing so far and where did you get those seat covers???

Blazin' in TEXAS!

7. 72jim

72jim 1/2 ton status

i like it, i like it, thanks for the pics. it looks great.

72 jimmy

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

They look fun. Looks like you are a little closer to doing the Rubicon. What size did you end up with? What valve stems did you use?

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust

9. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

ED70K5 - I only have about 20miles on them sofar, but taking a road trip Thurs. morning out to Huntington Lake so the kids can do some camping &amp; a little wheelin. Thoes seat covers are from Cabela's. There just slip overs and are water proof. Last summer my boy spilt a coke on the front seat and it is a black spot now kinda looks like oil spill so I decided to get some covers. They are good so far but they flap in the wind if know one is sitting in the seat...

Triaged- I ended up with 35x12.50-15 SSRs and got the shortest steel stems the shop had. I also got a couple extra stems for the parts box[​IMG], just incase!

Thanks for the comments!!

10. MikeS

MikeS Registered Member

Hey Steve,

I really like the Swampers. Nice job.

Is that a Rockslider I see you working on in a couple of the photos? I want details! I knew you would get around to it before I did. Maybe if I could just finish up all the other honey do's I could get around to fabbing some up like I've want to for months.
    Mike

11. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Yup, I cut out the rocker panel to the bottom of the door and then cut the bottom of the fenders to match the rocker and that HigLift is holding the 3x3 square tubing I bought and will cut each end at an angle then cap the ends.
    I haven't worked out the details for mounting them yet. I may weld the 3x3 to the rockerbox and then fab a support braket for each end! I will post more when I have more.......It should turn out sweet and it will be nice to beable to HighLift from the rocker too!!
    Thanks for noticing!!
    late