Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swamper SSR's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Nov 7, 2000.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Swamper SSR\'s

Anybody used these yet? Opinions??? I may splurge and pay the extra for these if they are worth it. P.S. Will 10.50's fit on 7" rims without excessive tire wear???

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Re: Swamper SSR\'s

My friend has these and they do pretty well. Not as good as the TSLs in the mud and slick stuff, but they till work good!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

LMAO!! they HAVE GOT TO BE better than the stock 255/70/r15's I have right now.

5. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Ok, next question. I was debating a lift. But cant do it. Everything would have to change. SO I'm going with these for now, but as a general rule of thumb, hat is the performance difference between 31x10.50 and 31x12.50's???

6. Emmettology 101

Width is basically personal preference. I like the wider tires because they look a little better.

Performance wise, what type of wheelin do you do?

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

7. BIGRIG

BIGRIG 1/2 ton status

I have two buddys who have each of these tires.
    1. ss tsl's on an 88 blazer...Not the best road handling tire but awsome in mud and i do believe one hell of a rock crawling tire(haven't tried yet)
    Down fall to them is that when he calls me on the highway (and I'm not exagerating) it sounds like hes in a daul prop airplane!(huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmm)

2. buddy has a Jeep with ssr's. Lot quiter Lot more handling abiltiy on road. Good in mud But much better on airing down and going over rocks.

My 2 cents. Good luck

Chris

MY DRINKING TEAM HAS A FOUR WHEELING PROBLEM!

8. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

HAven't developed a pattern yet, Emmett. I like bull dosing thru trails, and slinging a little mud. My Jimmy is still all stock, and I have thought about raising it and all, but for the amount of time and money it's worth, Im debating on these just to get my rocks off little on the weekends. Im in Tennessee, we've a little mix of that Georgia mud in with the rest of the dirt.

9. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Now, if there is a trench with oooddles of mud and I "think" my axles will clear and I have someone to pull me out, then I will be in in. Problem is around here is that all the places I know of are all "trenched" out real good. All these damn Tennessee red-neck types here like to dig trenches for some reason. Almost to the point where the area is un-usable less you have 40's. or if you feel like straddling the whole trail.

10. Emmettology 101

If they are not much more go with the 12.50's....

Mike [​IMG]