Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swamper STS..

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Mar 5, 2002.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Anybody else seen these tires? They are only making thes in 33", 39.5", and 44". The pattern is kinda funky anyone know anything about these or has this a topic already opened. I noticed you can get them in a 44 tall for a 16"wheel I thought that was cool. There is more of a selection on 16" beadlocks then there is on 16.5". The new tire itself looks more like it was made for sand or street then rocks and mud.

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

It looks like a modern all terrain or something lol. Kinda cool but dont think it would do to well in mud or rawks.

3. LA Bogger

LA Bogger 1/2 ton status

I went to the intercotire.com and look at them. Interco says its a all terrain/street tire in 22 x 44 15LT 16LT and 16.5LT. Cool to look at but not aggresive enough for playing in the MUD.

Eat More Mud!!!

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

In a 44" I guess for show trucks or something like that. Also saw their new LTB they look more aggresive,but you can only get them up to a 34" whats up with that?

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

that tire Looks like SH!T, im anxious for a Mag to do a review on them, i think they are ugly for one, and they will clog up with mud in no time,

6. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Come on guys....mall rat posers need something to fill in, hide, the gap of terminally excessive body lift. I can just hear the sputter of the stock 4.0L or the squeak of TuRD inspired "race suspension"....god I could just trade my K5 now to be part of those ranks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note.....those tires would provide some pretty nice grip and more importantly floatation for sand applications. Of course, Boggers, Claws, and Baja belted/ HPs already cover that market/application just fine.

7. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

I didn't care for my boggers at all in the sand(16-35x16.5s). The STS should work better, if the sidewalls are softer.
    We had the boggers on the back and quiet giants on the front, installed a set of 38.5 gumbos and worked much better.

8. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

My buddy has them mounted on his K30. He had shaved teh little lugs half way down and made an angle on every other large lugs rear. It made the tires into paddles but were still usable on mud and gravel. ......

9. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

22" wide? holy cow!!!!

10. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Strange... I really like my Boggers in the sand. Brought them down to like 3-4 psi and they worked like little paddles.

Ken H.

11. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

My boggers were unshaven and brand new. In 2wd the truck wouldn't move, just spin down. They were on a '78 K30 blazer with a detroit and a 375-400hp 383 with SM465. Horsepower wasn't a problem. We could only air down too about 8-9psi with the 16.5s, but that's all we run on the other tires too.

12. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

I have a set of 38"x15.5" TrXus STS tires coming to me this week. I am testing them for Interco. My plan is to test them on rocks. I think a tire with more contact patch such as these will be excellent on rocks. I will post pics soon.

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You have lots of horsepower....otherwise I'd bet you'd want a lot more flotation.

14. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Mudzer,

What's with the 38" Trxus STS's..... are they radials? How'd u get them?

Marv