Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swamper TSL mileage?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fknfbm53559, May 20, 2001.

1. fknfbm53559

fknfbm53559 Registered Member

Hey guys its been a long time since ive posted here, Been extremely busy, But i was wondering how many of you run The Bias Super Swamper TSL and how many miles youve gotten out of them. Im debating between the TSL Bias or radial, the general grabber m/t, The Bfg m/t and the Cooper STT. I plan on ordering my tires tomorrow and if anybody has any other suggestions your help would be greatly appreciated.

washing a k5 is never done somehow i keep finding those 3 foot deep mud pits on the way home

2. fknfbm53559

back to the top.

washing a k5 is never done somehow i keep finding those 3 foot deep mud pits on the way home

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Do you put a lot of miles on your truck? I've had TSL Radails since last October, I dont drive the truck daily so I have about 1500-200 miles on them, no noticeable wear. The radials will definetly last longer, but they have weaker sidewalls.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

4. K10

K10 Registered Member

I ran 33 X 12.5 TSL bias ply and only got about 15000 miles on them. They would have gotten a little better but my balljoints were worn pretty bad. The sidewalls are extremly durable. I never did punture one and had it around lots of sharp rocks. I puntured my bfg M/T sidewalls several times.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://nick.rockcrawler.com>http://nick.rockcrawler.com</A>

5. Executioner

Executioner 1/2 ton status

Temp. Ft. Walton Beach Fl. home=Tucson, Az.
    I run the 36x12.50x15 SS TSL, I got about 13-14 years out of my first set. Not a daily driver, I have no odometer
    but in a lighter 4X4 and a daily driver a buddy got 35,ooo, I think his weighted 4-4.5K .
    If you pay close attention to tire pressure,balance, and rotate, and if locking rear end turn accordingly
    you can get good milage out of the SS TSL"s

6. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

they can last a long time in city driving. highway will kill them in short order as they cant take the heat. also most of them arent round so you will go through steering stabilizers. i will never buy them again and i ran them from 1990-2001 before finally giving up and buying real tires that are ROUND.

7. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

Ditto on being square when you start out in the morning. My last set of "Stupid Swampers", I got 5000 miles out of. Never again! But for mud? Woo Hoo! That's another story!

Ron

8. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you are worried about treadwear on the road you might want to check out Big O XTs or Goodyears NEW MTR.
    I am getting a quote on the MTRs right now in size 35x12.50x16.
    Dave

9. fknfbm53559

Big O XT's? never heard of them, If you have a picture or a link or something I would be more than greatful. Ive checked out the mtrs but thats to much dough for rubber.

10. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

WAH-HAH!!! Sound like a buncha cry babies!! DEAL WITH the squareness in the morning...BIG DEAL!!! My 38" Swampers on my crewcab dually had 35,000 miles on them when I removed them for the 42"ers. I then put them on the wife's Suburban and got another 10,000 out of em. So that totals 45,000 miles out of bias 38x12.50 Swampers. The 42s have 17,000 on them and have a little more than half tread left. This is on a 10,000 pound dually crewcab with a 9.5' Lance cabover camper. Gotta love the looks of Swampers, ain't nothing like em!!!

ken

11. tyler t.

tyler t. 1/2 ton status

I have the Swamper TSL's (38x12.50x15)and I have had them on my truck since October and still have plenty of tread, but I am not a lead foot on the road and drive about 20-30 miles a day. Good luck!
    Metalhead

JEEP it's what's for dinner!

12. K5RON

K5RON 1/2 ton status

"Gotta love the looks of Swampers, ain't nothing like em!!!"

THANK GOD!!!!!!!

13. michaelm

michaelm 1/2 ton status

i dont give a rats ass about the 'squareness in the morning', its the not being manufactured round and have to run dual stabilizers just to be able to drive the truck. for the cash they charge they could at least build them round. and anyone that says you cant build big tires round is full of it. i ran intercos junk for 10 years and finally woke up and wanted more than a tractor ride. was contemplating regearing it to run 35s but got lucky and found some Michelin XL in 39". perfectly round and balanced with hardly any weight. will never go back to interco junk, the only good thing about them is every time i took a set off some dummy would offer me cash to have the old ones. that is just my opinion though and you are entitled to yours as well.

14. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I have had a set of goodyear MTRs for 6 months now they work awsome on the street and in the mud. I know they are a little more expensive then BFGs but they out perform them and have a thicker sidewall. They show no wear and have 5,000 miles on them. I paid 167.00 a piece for 35-12.50-r15 at discount tire here in Arizona. I believe they are the best all around tire.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by DesertDueler on 05/25/01 09:15 PM (server time).</FONT></P>