Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swampers Bias V. MT/R's

Discussion in 'Plains Region' started by blk87K5, Nov 20, 2002.

1. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Swampers Bias V. MT/R\'s

Here's the deal guys... I am thinking of putting on a set of 40" MT/R's to hopefully stop some of the breakage. I love my swampers, but I break a lot of sh!t b/c they weigh sooo much.

How do the MT/R's do in Mason or Clayton? I saw them in Clayton last Memorial day, and they seemed to do quite well, but I want more opions on how they do. Everyone on PBB seems to think they suck, but what do you guys think? I am only interested in the performance of the tires on the rocks, I don't care about mud or pavement. Thanks-

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

Re: Swampers Bias V. MT/R\'s

i loved my goodyear mtr 33's in mason. i've only had the bfg mt's to rate them against though.

3. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

On rock they should be superb. I am pretty sure the "Fire Ant" Jeep that won the ARCA nats is on 37" MTR's. I have a mud tire (similar to BFG MT tread) that I have run twice at Disney that pretty much refused to slip.

John

4. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I thought those 40" MT/R's weren't coming out for awhile, like another year or two /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Should be out in Mar.

Many of the MT/R guys have went to Krawlers. The Krawlers work extremely well, but they are kind of in limited supply. Probably wont have the 39.5 publicly available for a while. The tires the comp. guys run is swayed mainly by $. You might see many of them running swampers on the trail but MT/R's in comp. because Interco does not provide contingency money, and Goodyear does.