Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swap 1st gen for 2nd gen

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 70~K5, Jan 26, 2003.

1. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Well Mike (MJF) wanted a 1st gen and after I saw how much Greg72 had to trim his fenders to fit his tires I swaped my 1st gen for his 2nd gen. I didn't want to chop up a ggod tub that much. [​IMG]
    Here's the '73 with my 37" Boggers on it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. MJF

MJF 1/2 ton status

It was definitely a strange feeling to watch him drive away in my 73. But now I have a 70 K5 & my wife has a 70 pickup. Once I get hers restored & mine the way I want it, it will be sweet.

3. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey now that you swapped blazers, when are you gonna swap that line in your sig?

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did bruce drive the '70 over to your place? /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

Glad you guys worked out a deal... I know MJF had been wanting a first gen for a while.

So whats the deal... bruce kept his beadlocks and you kept the 454 for the 70? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

congrats. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Ryan I kept my beadlocks and Mike kept his 35"s to put on the '70. Though we may swap trans/tc's as Mike wants a auto and I will put a stick in the '73 some day. Yes I drove the '70 over to Mikes but had the 235x16s on it. When Mike said he wanted a 1st gen to trade his '73 for and I saw how much Greg72 had to chop his fenders and tub to fit the 38"s I hated to cut up a fairly good body to make my 37"s fit. So it seemed like the thing to do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Zakk if you read this I need to see how much to trim my fenders now. And do you know how the gate mike got from you was wired? It's popping fuzes when power is put to it. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Bruce does this mean we'll be seeing you a Raines this weekend in your "'73 Bluebie"!!!????