Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swap a 203 for a 205?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Cornfield creations, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

The 203 transfer in our 76 sounds like the shain is slipping. So I was thinking about swapping in a 205. I know the shafts are different lengths? What is the difference of them?

2. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Not sure on what you are asking. But I pulled my 203 and stuck in a 205 with no problems. Just make sure you have the right 205 trans adapter and that the input splines match up. I believe the front shaft was longer and the rear shorter with the 205 but I did all kinds of other stuff like 52" 56" swaps while I was at it so I only had to get the shafts once.

3. nstarry

nstarry 1/2 ton status

your rear will be to short and man I cant remember if my front was to long:doah:
    I know the 203 is a much longer case! Its the best move you will make

4. Cornfield creations

Cornfield creations 1/2 ton status

Well It's stock drivetrain with no lift, its a DD truck that is used to drive and work. I just wanted to swap out the 203 for the 205 transfer because of the beef, but if shafts are a must then I may just tear into the 203 and fix it. It may just be something stupid, but I think its the chain. Don't know for sure