Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swap back to diesel

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by tornado427, Feb 10, 2007.

1. tornado427

tornado427 Registered Member

Hey every one, new member here! Wondering if any one has a spare good running diesel they would be willing to swap for a mild built 427 big block? My truck was originally a 6.2, but smoked like freight train, and was low on power. I pulled it and built the big block to replace it, like a dummy I let my next door neighbor haul off the 6.2 for scrap! Now I would really like something that gets more than 7 MPG!:laugh: Sooo, how bout it? I live right off I-40 MM 79 Milan NM, some great 4 wheelin right in my back yard!:D Doug.

2. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well I have one but getting it to you is the problem. :confused:

3. tornado427

tornado427 Registered Member

New plan of attack! I cant find a good used diesel any where close so I will be pulling out the 427, and stroking it. Right now the 427 is a big bore, short stroke, high RPM motor. If I go back with a stroker bigblock crank, and bore the block 060, I should be able to get lots more low RPM torque. I guess I should have posted this some where else, but I was looking to go with a diesel! thank you all any way! Doug