Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swap Carb to TBI Need Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dansblazer, Apr 17, 2005.

1. dansblazer

dansblazer Registered Member

Need Help, I would like to convert my 81 Blazer 383 Carb engine to a TBI. I was thinking that buying a Truck with Fuel injection and tacking off all necessary hardware. However What consist of all necessary hardware and also need to know what to look for. Would a 305 engine with TBI be OK for the 383 Strocker and is the Fuel injector be large enough for the strocker at 425 HP.
    I really need help here, It is save to say that I am lost and do not really now what consist of this swap and is it possible. The 81 Blazer has nothing in sense of Fuel Injection however the Gas Tank does support a Return line. Please Advise..

Regards Dan

2. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i dont know much but i have heard that the factory tbi is terrible for horsepower, i would suggest getting a mpfi kit if you have the $ but like i said i dont know for sure

3. dansblazer

dansblazer Registered Member

Multiport

I did some research and yes, money is an issue at this time. I hoping to get a TBI to work........Need more input. I know that they are Guys that have done a swap I am hoping that they will respond.....

Dan

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005