Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swap Complete

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dammit32, Oct 13, 2002.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I now have a 3/4 ton Blazer woohoo!!!
    added my new 35" SSR's as well...

A big thanks to all the people who responded to my stupid questions leading up to this swap. Everything went as planned and I did all the work myself.

A few notes:
    I used 8 ounces of bb's in each tire because the tire store couldn't balance them. It works flawlessly! The only thing I didnt care for too much was the noise the make when you slow to a stop(the bb's fall and hit the rim)but they definately balance the tires.
    The brakes really sucked ...from breaking connectors off the line to rusty bleader screws and i still have a spongey pedal. nothing a few hours of bleeding wont cure lol.
    The SSR's were the brightest part of my day...the first test drive after the swap told me i made a great choice when i bought them. they make less than half the noise my 31's made.

heres a pic of it today at my jobs parting lot
    [​IMG]

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Lookin' good! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Where abouts in Maine are you? My folks have some good friends living in South Portland.

3. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

Gorham Maine ...about 20 minutes from portland /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Cool! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I will have to remember this in case we ever come up to your neck of the woods! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

what gearing you running in the 3/4 ton setup? Also standard or auto tranny?

All tech stuff aside NICE RIG!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

4.10 Gears and a 700r4 and thanks for the flowers. I have a lot of hard work in it and its finally taking shape /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif