Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swap-o-rama begins!

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Tranny and T-Case is pulled, Motor will be removed tomorrow, then New Motor/Tranny/Doubler goes in! Wooo Hoo. I am looking to pull it out of the shop next week - and testing begins.

During some of the downtime, I will install my shock mounts, AGR Rock Ram, and new Missouri Offroad Outfitters diff covers.

Ill post pics soon. Thanks Blake for the Help! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Neil,
    No prob big man ! You know...an intersting thing happens when you go back to your dorm covered in grease and smelling of gear oil.. People stare at you !! Imagine that. Oh well.

Attn: All
    Mudzer v.2.0 coming soon...New and improved...coming to an illegal wheeling spot near him soon.

Blake

3. Chris_T

Chris_T 1/2 ton status

If you ever need a set of extra hands let me know. Since I've no $$ to work on my own I'm going into withdrawl

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Hope all goes well man, best of luck to ya... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

5. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I know you have covered it before, but I do not remember all of the details. What was the deciding factor for you on going w/the WMS 203/205 set up? I am looking at doing a divorced 205, and mounting my range box 180* like you and Bgreen did.

6. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    Hope all goes well man, best of luck to ya... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like I'm going off to War! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    I know you have covered it before, but I do not remember all of the details. What was the deciding factor for you on going w/the WMS 203/205 set up? I am looking at doing a divorced 205, and mounting my range box 180* like you and Bgreen did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked the fact that they had the shortest all steel adaptor at the time of my purchase. They are stand up guys there and they have one hell of an R&D department. They wheel their rigs almost every weekend.

It was kind of a friend of a friend thing, and I was impressed with their workmanship and service.

8. Mudzer

Rock Ram is nearly installed. My trick for removing the old piston cap for the Steering Box worked perfectly. I drilled the aluminum cap in the center - drilled real slow using bearing grease in the flutes of the 7/64 bit. Used a slide hammer to pull the cap. This eliminates the need for re-installing the bearings in the piston.

I'll take some pics tonight.

The radiator and acessories are removed, need to chain the hoist up to the engine pulling joist and get that sucker out of there! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I will clean about 25 years worth of grease off the frame and inner fenders.

Motor/Tranny/Doubler goes in this week(end). And I should be driving it by next week. Woo Hoo!!!

9. backyardbuilt

backyardbuilt 1/2 ton status

Cool, I will have to try that with my box. Can't wait for pics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. ColAdo82K5

Neil,
    I work wed 5-8 if you need to order that exhaust or anything else....
    I'll be by friday night to help you out and to play with the axles if you are planning on working then.
    Can't wait to see "what lies beneath" that engine.....the grease...the grime...yummy...

Blake

11. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

Cool. I have admired their rigs and their products. Anyone that makes a front 14 bolt can't be all bad.

12. Mudzer

I think I will wait on the Exhaust - unless you can get the pipe from the manifolds on an 88 Corvette. I bought those Shortie headers off an 88 Corvette and plan to have custom exhaust bent for this system.

I have given my allowance for this pay period, so I have to get things out of the way, like steel for the crossmember and skid, material for shifters, pay for tranny tunnel box fabrication, and body bushings. Can you get me a price for the bushings?

13. Mudzer

Well, the motor is "hangin", meaning I can hoist it up to the joists, but the truck is too darned tall! I put on the shortie tires, but still no dice. Next, Ill remove the tires completely and use jacks to roll the truck back...

Stay tuned.

14. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Can you just air way down?

15. Mudzer

I might try that, it needs to be rollable so I will give it a try.

16. ColAdo82K5

Neil,
    Don't worry, I'll be by tonight and just lift that engine out of the way for ya. Why didn't you think of that ? I mean...everyone here knows how huge my arms are...just look at the pic in my aviator !

Call me when you want to meet at AZ...
    Can you bring those 12bolt drums with you ?

Blake

17. Mudzer

Motor's in, Tranny's in. Huge hole cut in the floor for the doubler - naw, I only had to cut 7" from the back of the factory opening.

Blake and I will install the T-Cases on Wednesday!

I scraped 25 years of barnicles off the frame and undercarriage! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Thats gross. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif My good news is that the steering box made it to WTO today! Looks like I should get it all back within 10 days. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Dan