Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swap-o-Rama!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudzer, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Finally getting started on my WMS Dual Case swap and plan to install a Fresh 350 under the hood as well. I'll be glad to wake up my old K5 so I can start making more long distance trips this summer.

I will take pics and post the progress on the T-Case setup. My setup is a Clocked NP203 range box (upside down), with Clocked NP205 (clocked up to flat) with Twin Sticked NP205 and a PTO Cable operated NP203 (thanks for ideas K5BLT4FUN and Shaggy).

The plan is to have the belly pan flat like Watson's rig.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nice looking kit...is the price comparable to ORD's kit? (if you don't mind me asking...)

Rene

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool keep us posted /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Mudzer

Price is $750 for Dual Case kit with adaptor, shaft, Seal, bolts and cover plate with bung. I believe that price includes any clocking of either case. This is a custom setup made to order. They can adapt the NP203 to almost any T-Case. Noteably the NP203 to NP241OR used in the Rubicon. So, NP208 and NP241 guys are definately in the market for a Dual Case setup. Even if you can't afford the TH400 version NP205 with 32 spline female input gear, you can have them make a shaft for any female input gear! You want it, they can build it.

Check out www.wagonermachine.com and call Casey Groth for more information.

***Disclaimer*** This is not a propaganda to promote their business, just wanting to show everyone out there whats available. I am equally biased to WMS and ORD Products.

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

what are you planning to do about the added length? one of the selling points for me on the ORD kit was the fact it was the same length as my present 203 set up.

6. Mudzer

It is believed that the WMS adaptor is shorter than the ORD, meaning length will be less than a standard NP203. I think Boss measured the ORD adaptor at 6" and the WMS is only 3" as shown in the pic above - I put a scale next to it. Can any ORD Doubler owners verify the outside to outside dimension on the new aluminum ORD Adaptor?

Actually, I am welcoming the added length of the NP203 range box and the adaptor, my front driveshaft angle is quite steep with the SM465/NP205 I currently have.

My setup will be much shorter than Gen I ORD Doubler owners and they never seem to have many driveshaft angle problems from what I have heard.

I just liked the idea of clocking the transfer cases like I did. No sense in spending good money and getting the same ground clearance. Breakover angle is more of an issue in rock ledge climbing - Okie style!

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

right, but are you using the entire 203 or just the range box? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

8. Mudzer

Ahh, I see where you could be cornfused. I am just using the Range Box off the NP203!

9. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I'm interested in doubler for Gertrag 5spd,already have 203 range box,just got 205 from 79 or 80 ford.From what i understand I just need adapters to bolt it together.Is this rigth?appreciate any help,no hurry,broke now anyway.Saveing all extra now to go to Tellico end of Apr.Hope to meet some of Y'all there. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s in TENN. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

ah. thanks for the clarification. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Mudzer

Contact Casey Groth at www.wagonermachine.com to see if they make an adaptor to fit your NP203 to a Getrag tranny. Did your tranny come factory with the NP203 behind it?