Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swaping 6.2 for 350, wiring harness questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Krusher, Apr 19, 2004.

1. K5Krusher

K5Krusher Registered Member

Getting ready to do 350 swap with 6.2 Diesel. want to know what differences are in diesel harness to that of 350. putting the 350 in an old military K5, any help would be great. /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Post this here. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I did that about a year ago. It was a little bit of trick figuring out which wires to use for the Distributor and alternator. Mine had dual 100amp alternators and I went with the standard 350 alternator. I'd have to look at the truck to tell you which to use. Unfortunately it may have been long enough that I'll have a hard time remembering. I'll tell you this, there are a lot of wires left over. Here's other issues you'll have to address; getting radiator hoses to work with 350 engine and diesel radiator, brackets for power steering pump, throttle cable, flexplate, and torque converter. Let me know specifically what you need and I'll help with what I can.