Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SWAPING AXLES?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Quetzal_SJ, Mar 2, 2001.

1. Quetzal_SJ

Quetzal_SJ 1/2 ton status

Does anyone have any input on taking the front and rear axles of a 1978 Blazer and puting them into a 1971 Jimmy?The Blazer has a Dana 44 and a 12bolt that are in great shap! I pulled the diff cover off the Dana and it looks as if it was never used. Also what other goodies could I pull off the blazer, how about the stering box? Also if anyone is close by and is intrested I would trade up the 78 blazer for a folding motor stand and cherry picker.Oh and a littl help swaping my axles. Its not a bad project minus motor and axles but i would give up the axles off the Jimmy.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Quetzal_SJ,
    I'm going to be doing that same thing this weekend. I have a 71 Blazer that I broke the u-joints, axle shafts, and it needs an alignment to. As far as I have herd the 73-78 D44 is a direct bolt in. Aftermarket parts for the 73-78 are easier to find and stock they are stronger (bigger u-joints). Tell me anything you have herd that supports or contradicts(sp?) this.