Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swaping cooler lines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jul 6, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok i wanna swap the cooler lines for the tranny from my blazer to my truck cause mine need replacing..and the ones in the blazer are like new. what do i need to drain? tranny fliud or anything? or can i just boltem of and switchem or what? and how excatly does a tranny cooler hook up? does the line go from the tranny to the cooler..then to the rediator and then back to the tranny or something? cause i ordered a b&m 24,000 GVW super cooler for it..

2. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Just unbolt the lines, and get ready for a mess. I haven't figured a way arround that. The lines will have to be modified, so why not get new ones and have two trucks running?
    Most people run their fluid through the stock cooler first, then through the add on cooler and back to the trans....

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

why would i have to mod. them? i would think they would be bolt in with the same trannies and all. and the blazer isnt really a running truck. its a parts truck.