Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swaping in 14 bolt for a 10 bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1987Blazer, May 3, 2005.

1. 1987Blazer

1987Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hi
    I'm going to be removing my 10 bolt rear axle and replacing with a 14 bolt. It looks like the spring pads are in the right place. Just wondering what I should do with the E-brake cables as they are shorter on the 14 bolt. Can I use the E-brake cables out of the 10 bolt? Any other advice on this swap would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve

2. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Whether it will bolt right in or not depends on what the 14 bolt came out of. If it came out of a 1-ton, then the both perches are going to need to be moved in 1 inch. You will also have to relocate the shock mounts. If it came out of a 3/4 ton, then it will bolt right in. The e-brake cable is the wrong length, and the 10 bolt cable wont work. You have to rig a custom bracket for it to work.
    -Harrison

3. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

After adjusting the brake cables, I got mine to hook right up.

4. la_blazer82

la_blazer82 1/2 ton status

I still have my cable unconnected after swapping axles a few months ago. Just ziptie out of the way, along the axle, until you figure out how you'll connect the lines