Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Swappin' Axles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Lotsa_Faith, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

Swappin\' Axles

how much would it cost to put in dana 60s front and back total? how much could you get for your stock axles at like a junk yard?

Mike Dee

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Re: Swappin\' Axles

I dont know exactly but I do Know that itd be alot cheaper to put a 14 bolt in the back !

Paul a.k.a. Paulie a.k.a. Juan Valdez, take your pick ! [​IMG]

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

also it depends on where you get them from and condition. On the cheap side well, maybe $500 ( guys here have bought them on the truck for that much) on the high side you can look at spending 6-8K from Dynascrew or Boyce. It would be cheaper to get the 14 as they are much more plentiful.

4. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

also forget about taking your axles to the junkyard youd be better off selling them private or making art out of them, the front axle shaft you could sell for spares at the least.

5. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

It totally depends on where you get them. A front D60 could be any from $500 to $5000 depending on how lucky and patient or rich and impatient you are. And like they said, go for a 14 bolt in the back. They are very easy to find.

As for money for your old axles, the junk yard would not even take mine for free. And nobody wanted to buy then either, so I stripped the good stuff out of the front for a friend and sold them for scrap metal.

Good things come in small packages. Good things come to those who wait. So, if you're waiting for a small package, that must *really* be sweet.