Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swappin leaves 52" front

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rubbinz raczn, Feb 3, 2005.

1. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

did a little messin with the leaves for the 52" front spring swap tonight! the stock pack was a 1/2 ton with 4 leaves plus overload. i put in 2nd and 3rd leaf from a tuff country front 3" ez ride lift front pack. i pulled the stock overload from the pack. now 6 leaves instead of 5 . didn't seem to add much arch to pack pics show stock spring and modified one! :D

spring swap2 012.jpg

2. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

what made you do that?

3. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

stifer for less bdy roll?

4. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

a little stiifer but not too stiff! i thought about throwing my extra zero rates in but am gonna hold off for now. the stock 52's with no weight didn't seem as high as the 5" lift 64's. till i get drivetrain in who knows what i will get? no one seems to have much info on these swaps! am taking many pics of front and rear spring swaps( over 100 so far!) for reference and maybe a write up ( if i can find someone that doesn't write like a 3rd grader like me!) the swap i just did may not give as much flex as the stock? may give more? this is a learning experience for me and i am not afraid to make changes if the first mod is not right!:woot: