Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping a 350 into a 1994 s10 pick-up ?

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by scrappyk5, Dec 5, 2003.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

anyone in here done it ?
    got a buddy who is getting ready to do it and there seeems to be a problem getting the prom chip. he has called
    painless wiring and some other place and they say they only have them up to 1993. gm change the computer starting in
    1994. he was told he can have one made, but he needs to have the motor in and get the readings and send back to painless, and it would cost about $400-$500. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif this is his d/d and does not have a all these extra days needed
    to have one made after thr install.
    anyone out there done this swap and have an alternative? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I've done a TPI into a non-computer S10 before, but your deal is different... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

What motor/computer does the S10 have now, and...

What motor/computer is the 350?

In other words, 350 Vortec and a 4.3L Vortec, or 350 TBI and a 2.5L TBI, etc.???

The difference is probably in the OBDI/OBDII issue, which did change in the '93-'96 years for different vehicles at different times. Toss out some more info and I'll tell you what I can...

Paul 'X' [​IMG]

3. monte0172

monte0172 1/2 ton status

Has he got the motor in yet? Thinking of doing this to my 96 but going carbetated. If he has do you have any pitures?