Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

swapping a gas to diesel

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 69K5, Aug 3, 2003.

1. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

i was at a friends house this weekend throwing around my ideas about diesal and svo in my truck. he said he had heard that you could take a 350 and change it to diesel with swapping heads and a bunch of othert stuff. I would usually pass this off as bs but this guy usually knows his stuff. so is this possible. i guess displacement wise they are about the same but closer to a big block. but i cant imagine that being possible.

thanks
    nathan

2. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

This guy is obviously a moron and I wouldnt take any advice from him if I were you.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

The guy's got his the 6.2L mixed up with the 350 diesel... the 350 diesel is loosely based on the Olds 350 gas engine. More info here:
    http://members.tripod.com/~A350Diesel/newmain.html

The 6.2/6.5L are their own engine family. Time to enlighten your friend /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

blue blazer

thats harsh hes one of my best friends. but i needed to know so i can "enlighten him"

u2 slow

thanks for the link. that explains it. i will shed some light this evening when i get off work.

thanks again to both

nathan
    69k5

5. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Don't listen to BlueBlazer62. He will call everything and everyone else stoopid even if they are right. Its his ego problem and some things that happened to him in childhood, like when he was dropped on his head. Just put him on ignore and you never have to worry about him again. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Now about this swap. It ain't gonna happen. Sorry.

6. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Yes, dont listen to me, I dont know anything!

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

offrdk5

he couldve been like me when he was little. they didnt drop me they trew me against the wall. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Blueblazer62

I gotta listen to someone. at least now i know you dont sugar coat things. no hard feelings

nathan

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif